Friday, November 11, 2016

Sutra in Forty-Two Sections - Section 37 & 39

Sutra in Forty-Two Sections - Section 37 & 39
Section  37
Staying Mindful of Moral Precepts Brings Us Close to the Way

The Buddha said, "My disciples may be several thousand miles away from me, but if they remember my moral precepts, they will certainly attain the fruition of the Way.
"If those who are by my side do not follow my moral precepts, they may see me constantly, but in the end they will not attain the Way."

Section 39
The Buddha's Instructions Are Not Biased

The Buddha said, "Students of the Buddha's Way should believe in and accord with everything that the Buddha teaches. When you eat honey, it is sweet on the surface and sweet in the center; it is the same with my sutras."




- wong chee tat :)

No comments: