Friday, November 1, 2013

VLC does not support the audio or video format "tsc2"

My colleague pinged me today and mentioned that he is unable to open some video files by vlc player.

Download the files and open the media files and I got this error message from the vlc player: "
No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "tsc2". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this."

2 thoughts immediately sprang from my mind:
Normally vlc player is able to play avi files, but it doesn't now. I am using version 2.05.
What is this tsc2 format? Could it be a new format?

A quick search also turned up some info:

A ticket #9242 had been created around Aug 23rd and was fixed. (Link: https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/9243). The fix was easy - Get the new version.

Downloading the new version resolves this issue.


- wong chee tat :)

No comments: