Sunday, July 7, 2013

My First Skool cooperating with police on alleged child abuse case

My First Skool cooperating with police on alleged child abuse case
    POSTED: 07 Jul 2013 1:00 PM

NTUC's My First Skool said it is co-operating fully with the police on the case of alleged child abuse at its centre located in Blk 192 Toa Payoh Central.

SINGAPORE: NTUC's My First Skool said it is co-operating fully with the police on the case of alleged child abuse at its centre located in Blk 192 Toa Payoh Central.

My First Skool also said the teacher involved has been suspended with immediate effect.

It added that the safety and welfare of the children is top priority and that it takes this responsibility very seriously.

Its statement was in response to an alleged child abuse incident which resulted in a boy having a hairline fracture in his leg.

Video clips of the alleged incident have gone viral.

My First Skool said its main focus is the child's welfare and that the parents of the child have requested for a transfer to another centre in its network.

The Ministry of Social and Family Development said it is aware of an alleged incident at My First Skool.

The ministry added child safety remains its paramount concern and that it is investigating.

- CNA/fa

- wong chee tat :)

No comments: