Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sony Ericsson hand phone

Quite some time ago, I mentioned that my Sony Ericsson hand phone kept displaying error messages (47, and etc??? that I could not rememebered) and sometimes it would just hang. I even had to force it to shut down and restart to make it work! It was very troublesome.

Furthermore, when I tried to recharge it, it did not even responded. Using google as my search engine, I tried to find out what those strange cryptic error messages meant and see if the problem can be resolved. But there was not much information regarding those error messages. I also thought that the handphone was dead. I even posted that my hand phone was dead!

For some time, I chose to ignore it. Some days ago, I took out the handphone and I tried to find out if those annoying problems persist. I charged the handphone to at least 80% full before doing anything.

I wondered if applying updates would resolved the issues that I had earlier. If that failed to work, then I would have to physically open and examine the internals. Anyway, it would be interesting to see such an embedded device and the related components.

I performed a backup of whatever stuff I had in my handphone and I went to update it. The software then updated to version 2.10.4.22 from version 2.9.

After upgrading to the latest version, I decided to test the phone. Immediately after upgrading the phone, I played the phone and see if any error messages appeared. Next, I took some pictures of the surroundings (some books, buildings, sky) and see any error messages appear. None. That was good!

For the next 2 - 3 days. I decided to bring the phone with me to see if the issues resurfaced. Seemed that those bugs were gone.

I will do further testing to see if any of those annoying and cryptic error messages appear.

- wong chee tat :)

No comments: