Monday, January 26, 2009

Project Status and Updates

Project Status/ Project Updates

This post is to provide a quick update about my project and current progress. Do refer to previous posts as I mentioned about the stuff I had done.

I was quite a busy week for me in the last 2 weeks or so and I did not had much time to provide the updates until today.... (Add some comics to lighten this blog. Don't be offended okay :p )

Monday to Wednesday : Received email from my advisor and he wanted me to show him my progress and he wanted me to do a presentation on Thursday 15th Jan.



Presentation!!!! Oh no....



Wednesday night: Panic!!!!!




Thursday: Actual Presentation and demo.

It went something like this:




Actually not. Advisor asked me some questions based on the stuff that I had done and I just explained. In addition, he explained what mistakes I had made and he told me what are the additional work needed to be done.

Should be something like this huh? :p



I tried to understand the objectives and the handout he gave and gave myself a good rest after the presentation.



Friday : I tried to understand the new objectives by rereading the journal article and tried to understand the given handout.

I recoded and I obtained the results for the first model. To show that it was correct, I compared my results what the authors had done and I got it. So, I quickly sent the results to my advisor.
Please note that I spent quite a significant time to understand the mechanics involved before coding. Anyway, =) Yay!

Weekend: - NO PROGRAMMING-

Monday 19th Jan: No results .... :/

Tuesday: Thought about the problem again, and carefully checked the units step by step. Re-ran the simulation many times….. it suddenly dawned on me that that I had ignored something……

I should treated that variable (beta) as a fixed value, but I didn’t and I got some funny results. [Well, actually, by treating that variable beta as a variable, it later proved to be a useful indicator ]. Fixed it and re-ran that simulation again. I got that desired output!

Does it actually worked? Well yes.

And friends bugged me for dinner and ……


Wed- Fri: Okay. the next step is to get i from J and then plot it. How? Any ideas? Stuck. :/




- All comic strips from PhdComics :)

- Some of comic strips modified by me :)

- wong chee tat :)

No comments: