Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Sutra in Forty-Two Sections

The Sutra in Forty-Two Sections no: 42


42: Understanding that the World Is IllusoryThe Buddha said, "I look upon royalty and high positions as upon the dust that floats through a crack.I look upon treasures of gold and jade as upon broken tiles.I look upon fine silk clothing as upon cheap cotton.I look upon a great thousand-world universe as upon a small nut kernel.I look upon the waters of the Anavatapta Lake as upon oil used to anoint the feet.I look upon the door of expedient means as upon a cluster of jewels created by transformation.I look upon the Unsurpassed Vehicle as upon a dream of gold and riches.I look upon the Buddha Way as upon flowers before my eyes.I look upon Dhyana samadhi as upon the pillar of Mount Sumeru.I look upon Nirvana as upon being awake day and night.I look upon inversion and uprightness as upon six dancing dragons.I look upon impartiality as upon the one true ground.I look upon the flourishing of the teaching as upon a tree blooming during four seasons."

- http://www.fodian.net/world/0784.html

- wong chee tat :)

No comments: